Fantastic Opportunity for a Laboratory Technician, for the Abrasives Systems Division
for and industry leader in Maplewood.
The person hired for the position of Laboratory Technician will be responsible for providing support for growth of emerging line of new to the world abrasive products. We are looking for a hands on person to assist with the manufacturing, testing and documenting results of prototype abrasive wheels for automotive and electronics customers.
- Testing of abrasive parts on CNC testing equipment
- Preparing abrasive mixes and operating prototyping equipment for manufacturing test parts
- Post-processing of abrasive parts, including weighing, firing and checking physical properties
- Assembly of abrasive tools
- Lab house-keeping and supply replenishment.
• Completed a post high school degree from an accredited college or university in a science, engineering, or manufacturing discipline
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
• Basic computer skills for data entry, run records and file transfer.
• One to three years of experience with digital fabrication technology, especially additive manufacturing / rapid prototyping.
• Experience with digital fabrication workflows: pre-processing, building, post-processing.
• CAD model preparation for digital fabrication, e.g. file conversion or modeling
• Experience with 3D mechanical CAD tools such as Solidworks, ProEngineer, CREO, or NX.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
• Mechanical testing of materials
• G-code understanding
Excellent verbal and hands on skills, ability to problem solve.
Hands on Mechanical skills
Ability to prioritize and follow thru on tasks.
Daily, 5 days per week, Monday through Friday, estimated 40 hours per week
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer