Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Therapeutic Medical Sciences has an exciting opportunity within Neurology. Let your career soar with IQVIA!The Associate Medical Director / Medical Director will provide medical, clinical and scientific advisory expertise to all IQVIA divisions as requested. Participate in all aspects of Medical Science involvement on assigned trials. Serve as a medical expert during project delivery lifecycle. Provide therapeutic and medical expertise to business development activities.
- Primarily serves as Global Medical Advisor on assigned projects.
- Serves as Scientific Advisor and provides guidance to Project Leaders on the medical and scientific aspects of assigned projects.
- Provides medical support to investigative sites and project staff for protocol-related issues including protocol clarifications, inclusion/exclusion determinations, and issues of patient safety and/or eligibility.
- Performs medical review of the protocol, Investigative Drug Brochure (IDB), and/or Case Report Forms (CRFs).
- Provides therapeutic area/indication training for the project clinical team.
- Attends and presents at Investigator Meetings.
- Performs review and clarification of trial-related Adverse Events (AEs).
- May perform medical case review of Serious Adverse Events (SAEs), including review of case documentation and patient narrative, in collaboration with the Pharmacovigilance department.
- May provide medical support for the Analysis of Similar Events (AOSE), in collaboration with or on behalf of Pharmacovigilance department.
- May perform medical review of adverse event coding.
- Performs review of the Clinical Study Report (CSR) and patient narratives.
- Attends Kick-Off meetings, weekly team meetings, and client meetings, as needed or requested.
- Available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week to respond to urgent protocol-related issues at the investigative sites.
Medical degree from an accredited and internationally recognized medical school with a curriculum relevant to general medical education, along with a medical license, or equivalent, from the country or region in which he/she resides and works is required, plus a minimum of 5 years' experience in clinical medicine, in addition to 4 years' clinical trials experience as an investigator or in the Pharma, CRO, or Biotech industry. Specialty Board certification required.
- Robust and current knowledge of scientific, clinical, regulatory, commercial and competitive landscape in applicable therapeutic area.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and local regulations and guidelines pertaining to clinical research.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, including good command of English language (both written and spoken).
- Business Acumen.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- Proven skills in providing consultation and advice on multiple assignments are required, as well as initiative and flexibility.
- May require regular travel.
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled'
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™