With more than 8500 people across five continents and the Pacific region, GHD is one of the world’s leading engineering, environmental and construction services companies. Committed to the success of our clients and the communities in which we operate, we have an ongoing requirement for high caliber professionals to join our connected global network.
We have an opportunity in our Houston, TX (working in Lake Jackson, TX) office for a Jr. Environmental Air Quality Specialist, who aspires to become an active employee in a vibrant, well-established company.
If you’re driven, fast track your career here!
- Involves assisting clients in complying with local, state and federal environmental laws and regulations including air permit documentation, emissions and analysis
- Technical problem solving for air quality issues with project management skills
- Work on air permitting projects including new source review, PSD analysis and air dispersion modeling
- Assist clients to ensure compliance with all federal, state & local regulations
- Perform budget and schedule expectations, scope of assignments and field site visits at industrial facilities
- B.S. degree in Chemical, Environmental Engineering or a related field of study
- EIT is a plus
- Experience in Petrochemical, manufacturing and/or the Oil and Gas industry is highly desirable
- 1 - 2 years of air quality permitting/consulting experience
- Working knowledge of Clean Air Act issues including MACT/BACT/LAER requirements and New Source Review (NSR)
- Experience as a consultant, or working within the industry managing regional, state, and federal air permitting
- Background with emission inventories, GHG (Greenhouse Gas) management or verification, air modeling, or related experience with air quality management
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to the link below.
No phone calls please and no third party firms. This position does not offer visa sponsorship.