Analytical Chemist – Greenville, NC
Kelly Services is currently seeking an Analytical Chemist in Greenville, NC. This role is a 3 month contract to hire opportunity and will require full-time availability. Conversion to permanent is performance based and at the discretion of the client. Relocation assistance will not be provided for non-local candidates. If you plan to relocate for this role you must cover all expenses. APPLICANTS MUST HAVE 3-5 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE.
The Analytical Chemist provides method validation support and complex analyses in a chemistry environment. Will also perform analytical methods for complex testing on raw materials, samples, stability, production intermediates. Supports internal development and/or manufacturing, operations. Makes detailed observations and analyzes, resolves issues, documents, and communicates test results.
- Leads / participates the validation of test methods for pharmaceutical raw materials and finished products for strength, impurities, identity, and dissolution by HPLC, GC, dissolution, spectroscopy, and traditional quantitative analysis, utilizing HPLC, GC, LC/MS, dissolution, spectroscopy, and traditional wet chemical testing.
- Conducts complex chemical and physical testing of pharmaceutical raw materials, finished products, and stability samples by internally developed and compendial test methods.
- Verifies and processes analytical data. Facilitates development of quality products through participation and representation on group and department level project teams.
- Makes determination to resolve out-of-specification or unexpected results and analytical and product problems. Responsible for investigating deviations and closing of the records in a timely fashion.
- Maintains and troubleshoots analytical instrumentation as needed. Performs audits on equipment periodically to verify proper calibration and use.
- Develops documentation processes. Clearly and accurately communicates the results of work by creating documentation of the testing/analysis and obtained results. Records and reports results of analysis in accordance with prescribed lab procedures and systems. Interacts with clients directly.
- Leads, prepares, and files regulatory documents in support of internal projects. Provides communications with outside departments, corporate sites, agencies, and clients.
- Coordinates and leads writing of SOPs, policy manuals, and other instructional documents.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in physical science, preferably in Chemistry or Biology.
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years of experience performing method validation, tests or analyses for pharmaceutical raw materials and finished products.
- Excellent proficiency with HPLC, GC, LC/MS and Dissolution techniques (method development and validation).
- Excellent understanding of quality and regulatory requirements in the pharmaceutical industry including pharmaceutical GMPs.
As a Kelly employee, you’ll have access to world-class perks, including:
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage available to eligible employees
- Group insurance options*
- Service bonus plan
- Holiday pay plan
- Weekly electronic pay options
- Online training campus that provides more than 3,000 free courses to help improve and develop skills
- Exclusive online employee community
- Employee assistance program available at no cost
- Corporate discounts
- Transportation Spending Accounts
- Offered and administered by Leslie & Associates. These plans are not sponsored by Kelly Services.
If you are interested in advancing your career with this opportunity, apply now for immediate consideration.
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.