UPI's mission is to lead the way with innovative products and services that are helping make agriculture sustainable and food security achievable. We are growing and looking for talented, ambitious individuals to grow with us!
Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, The QC Chemist is responsible for analyzing daily formulation, packaging, raw materials, and environmental samples for the efficient operation of the production area. The QC Chemist is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the lab and may also be required to perform other duties as needed.
The successful candidate will be a team player with strong attention to detail and safety orientation. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
● Install, maintain, troubleshoot, repair and operate all laboratory equipment
● Experience using lab equipment such as gas chromatography (GC), Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), etc.
● Ensure calibration, inspection of measuring and test equipment used for quality control
● Ensure proper labeling of all laboratory samples.
● Documenting and storing of records and samples.
● Ability to multitask
● Experience making batch adjustments based on analysis results