Bachelor’s degree in Food Technology or Dairy Science preferred other Bachelor degrees will be considered based on experience in related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Dairy (FDA) or Meat (USDA) Manufacturing is required.
- Minimum of 1 year Quality Assurance management experience or 5+ years auditing experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Statistical Process Control, Key Process Indicators and other trending analysis methods.
- Lead Auditor, SQF Practitioner or other formal food industry auditor training
- Ability of knowledge of multiple facility regulatory and GFSI Audit criteria / requirements for dairy, USDA, RTE and distribution.
Established in 1973, Cacique® has affirmed itself as America’s leader in Hispanic perishables. Our product offerings span from fresh cheeses, table creams, and processed cheese to cured meats and drinkable yogurts. Our company has a leadership position amongst the Hispanic population nationwide and enjoys a steady path of growth. We are a very dedicated and competitive family owned company which offers an excellent environment in which to thrive and grow.
We are currently looking for a Quality Supervisor to join our Cedar City, UT Meat Plant. The Quality Assurance Supervisor will provide resources to the Cedar City Cacique facilities in the form of supplier, corporate quality, and preparation audits. The Quality Assurance Supervisor will assist in developing the required procedures, forms and other paperwork necessary to meet Cacique Corporate Quality standards, customer standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Communicates and supports Company policies and decisions in a positive manner.
- Remains up to date with Cacique and industry quality standards and regulatory requirements.
- Communicates and shares Company vision throughout division/organization and provide cross-functional perspective, direction and support.
- Provides leadership and personal support; coaches, guides, nurtures and develops people with various roles in the Cacique organization; “walk the talk.”
- Responsible for promoting safety awareness and keeping safety as a number one priority on a daily basis.
- The position is based out of Cedar City Utah.
DUTIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain a working relationship with Regulatory Inspectors and Third Party Auditors to ensure compliance to standards. Complete and submit all paperwork.
- Perform the Cacique Quality Standards Compliance Audit for the Cedar City manufacturing facility. Must be a certified SQF Practitioner, BRC Lead Auditor, (or any other GFSI initiative) Lead Auditor Training.
- Aides in the development of documents and document control at the Cedar City Cacique facility. Is not solely responsible for creating documents, but has the expertise and knowledge and is available to assist facility staff as needed.
- Work closely with Plant and Operations Managers, QA Management, and plant personnel to prevent & resolve audit gaps and corrective actions.
- Work with the purchasing group to follow up with supplier on required documentation and audit responses.
- Assist plant HACCP team and maintain HACCP program and all necessary pre-requisite program documentation.
- Assist in training all plant personnel regarding HACCP, SQF, GMP’S, sanitation, food defense, food security, and product handling.
- Perform QA verification audits of documents for the Cedar City Cacique facility.
- Visually verify Cacique employees performing essential QA job duties.
- Provides auditing of suppliers / vendors to ensure that the Cacique quality standard is implemented and verified throughout the manufacturing chain.