Experience and Education
1. A minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree with 4-6 years of experience, or a Master of Science degree with 0-2 years of experience, in one of more of the following disciplines: Biology, Geology, Environmental Science, or a related field.
2. Education and experience noted above must demonstrate experience in environmental science with strong foundation in a related field as demonstrated by project and course work. Experience for commercial/industrial sector or governmental agencies involving environmental investigation and remediation that required familiarity of regulatory framework and associated requirements preferred, e.g., CERCLA, RCRA, NPDES, and/or state regula
EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc., PBC has an interesting opportunity for a Scientist II in our Brighton, MI location. The successful candidate will be responsible for participating in soil, groundwater, and sediment investigation and remediation projects in the Great Lakes and nationally, and other projects performed out of the Brighton office.
The position will include a combination of office-based task work and implementation/oversight of field activities. The position will require daily interaction with a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers during work performance. Great Lakes AOC experience is a plus.
Duties also include performing task management to assist senior staff with: leading development of project documents (work plans, reports, etc.); planning, coordinating, and leading field efforts (including developing scopes of work, schedule, and soliciting and procuring subcontractors); and evaluating data.
1. An understanding of environmental science within the Great Lakes region and/or coastal settings.
2. Direct field sampling experience and/or management of field sampling programs, including development of sampling and analysis plans, and coordination with subcontractors and suppliers.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to convey information at an appropriate level of communication with varying levels of project staff.
4. Able to work in both the office and field.
5. Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to learn quickly are vital.
At EA, our core values are openness, prudence, balance, and challenge and we strive to improve the quality of the environment in which we live, one project at a time. Our scientific and engineering teams work cohesively across all of EA’s service lines. Our professional, team centric culture promotes collaboration and flexibility and allows employees to guide their own career development path. To that end, we provide training and coaching to support ongoing development for our team members.
Our culture values continuing education and personal development, and we offer competitive salaries, paid volunteer time, tuition reimbursement, and a comprehensive benefits package including a 401k with Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
For more details, please visit EA’s Career Page on our website, or contact Rebecca Yarrison directly via LinkedIn.
EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc., PBC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.