New York Cancer and Blood Specialists, a prominent and respected Oncology/Hematology group, is seeking Lab Technicians to join a well-established and growing pure sub-specialty practice with academic affiliation. Practice manages a freestanding outpatient 7-day per week Cancer Center with extensive chemotherapy administration, Radiation Oncology, Pharmacy and Research department.
- Receive, label and analyze samples (blood, etc.).
- Design and execute laboratory testing according standard procedures, make observations and interpret findings.
- Conduct experiments under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods.
- Organize and store all fluids.
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility.
- Maintain equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies.
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Supervise the Medical Assistants to ensure the Lab runs as required.
- Must have an Associate Degree in Life Science, Biology, Chemistry or Medical Technology and have a valid New York State Laboratory Technician license. Proven experience as Lab Technician or relevant position.
- Experience in operating electrical and nonelectrical laboratory equipment and substances.
- In depth knowledge of laboratory best practices.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and database systems.
Excellent benefits and dynamic environment.
Salary up to $27 per hour depending on experience.
AM and PM shifts needed.
Applicants please email resume to:
Robert Nicoletti, CHRO
New York Cancer and Blood Specialists
1500 Route 112
Building # 4
Port Jefferson Station, New York 11776
[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Fax – 631-675-5066
Please visit our website at: nycancer.com and follow us on Facebook.
NYCBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.