- Bachelor of Science degree in Microbiology, Biology, Engineering or equivalent
- Strong experience in the challenges of working in a pharmaceutical lab environment and compendia testing
- Deep working knowledge on cGMP/ISO requirements as it pertains to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Good understanding of validation principles and design of experiments according to USP 1223/EP 5.1.6
- Experienced with traditional and alternative microbiological concepts, practices, and procedures in the analysis of pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical products
- Capabilities and curiosity to understand and troubleshoot microbiological data and instrumentational challenges in an R&D environment
- Innovative/creative intellect to search/evaluate for new technical solutions in a project team
- Must possess knowledge of microorganism culturing techniques and basic biochemical characteristic evaluation
- Capabilities to design & coordinate the construction of a newly established microbiological laboratory
- Understanding of molecular based testing
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/ Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation.
Established in 1972, Particle Measuring Systems is a global leader for micro-contamination monitoring equipment improving the performance of clean manufactures in the semiconductor and pharmaceutical markets. We’re a growing technology company in Boulder, Colorado; the heart of the Rocky Mountains. We offer an exceptional and rewarding work environment in a great place to live. Our employees enjoy challenging projects in development and manufacture of light scattering particle counters and diverse technologies and applications.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit programs, including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability programs and a 401(k) plan. We are a non-smoking campus with an emphasis on health and well-being; this includes an on-site clinic for employees’ use.
To continue and accelerate our growth, we are looking for a Microbiologist in our R&D department. This person will play a key role within the engineering department by drawing on his/her extensive knowledge and technical expertise to assist in the design of new instrumentation used in the pharmaceutical market. This individual will also develop, qualify and validate in-house testing methods and protocols for new instruments and applications.