- Knowledge of both Windows and MAC based software programs. (Prinergy, Preps, Adobe Suites, MS Office, E-Pace, Printflow, etc.)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- 3-5 years of experience in a digital & screen-printing environment is required
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with color management tools is helpful
- Knowledge of G-7 Color Management is a plus
- Experience with ColorGate or Fiery XF RIPs is a plus, as is experience with Inca or Vutek digital presses
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical information and procedures
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS: The incumbent must manage stress appropriately; make decisions under pressure; handle multiple priorities, work alone; work in areas that are confined and/or crowded.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: The incumbent may be exposed to toxins, chemicals, and extreme temperatures (30degrees F – 115 degrees F), dust, fumes, moving mechanical parts, high pitched noises, or gases. The incumbent will spend approximately 75% of their time indoors.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
POSITION SUMMARY: Digitally prepares art file for print production to meet customer and printer specifications. Proficient with the color management and PDF workflow process. Operates within a Mac/Windows environment and other peripheral prepress equipment to complete job assignments. Other related job information will be required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Preflight client artwork to determine accuracy, omissions, or additional requirements
- Takes the high-resolution files and creates the digital image to the client specifications while maintaining the integrity of the schedule
- Creates and impose press form for hard/soft proofs, print and finishing procedures
- Maintains accuracy of assigned color profiles and file optimization
- Maintains a daily log of all prepress assignment related to digital/screen jobs
- Maintains and archives digital files for storage
- Assists with other jobs within the department as needed
- Artistic Sensibility and Technical Skill are desired
- Ensures compliance with company safety rules and policies
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and equipment