Required and Desired Qualifications:
- Basic knowledge of soils and aggregates
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Good written and communication skills
- Ability to repeatedly lift and carry up to 75 pounds
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- High School Degree/GED; AS or BS degree preferred
- Related soils/aggregate laboratory/field experience a plus
- Previous lab experience a plus
- Knowledge of ASTM and AASHTO testing standards a plus
Work Environment: working conditions include wet and/or humid weather, cold and/or hot weather, and dusty/noisy work environments. Noise levels can sometimes be moderate to moderately loud in the lab.
We offer a competitive pay and benefits package, a friendly and creative work environment, and an opportunity to grow with us!
We are a family owned business that values our employees and their families. We have been a member of the INC. 5000 list of the America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in 2015, 2014, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 and 2007.
We believe in customer and employee focus, creativity, teamwork, integrity, optimism and environmental stewardship. Equal Opportunity Employer
Geotechnical Field and Lab Technician
Midwest’s Geotechnical Department is responsible for lab testing and evaluating clients’ site-specific soil samples to determine the best solution, as well as research and development testing. In addition to lab work, the Geotechnical Department is responsible for collecting and recording data in the field.
Successful candidate in this position will be primarily responsible performing soil testing and recording results for further evaluation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Soils Testing: Moisture Content Determination, Particle Size Distribution (PSD), California Bearing Ratio (CBR), Unconfined Compressive Strength, Proctor, Atterberg Limits, Hydrometer
- Logging samples into lab database
- Maintaining field and laboratory equipment in good condition
- Data entry in Humboldt Material Testing software
- Recording video and visual observations in the field
- Performing testing and collect data in the field