• Bachelor’s degree Medical Technology, Medical Laboratory Scientist, Clinical Laboratory Scientist and associated Hematology Technologist training
• Minimum of 5 years of lab experience, working in hospital or conducting research in hematology.
• Thorough familiarity with the operation of hematology instruments.
• Expertise to perform routine sample preparation functions like pipetting, centrifuging etc.
• Ability to follow protocols and written instructions for experiments and to create records of these activities.
• Experience to trouble shoot and resolve technical issues.
• Ability to communicate technical information and data results in both oral and written forms.
Position: Medical Technologist
Location: Santa Clara, CA 95054
Duration: 6 Months
The individual in this role is responsible for supporting further the development of hematology analyzers by performing high complexity laboratory tests and procedures on blood and other body fluids, according to laboratory policies. The candidate will be able to manipulate blood samples using laboratory methods such as pipetting and centrifuging. The work requires meticulous attention to detail, excellent organization and writing skills.
• Perform daily routines such as quality control, maintenance and other related tasks on a hematology analyzer.
• Support protocol testing on instruments under development by running CLSI based test protocols.
• Responsible to follow Hematology Laboratories procedures for specimen handling, processing, test analyses, and reporting of results, including the handling and analyses of proficiency testing material.
• Document all study results using good documentation practices. Perform report writing in the areas such as: precision results analysis, method comparison, and other metrics as required.
• Perform, review, and document laboratory quality control procedures and preventive routine maintenance.
• Supervise assigned workstation, noting trends, problems, etc. Communicate with R&D teams on analyzer-related problems.
• Keep current in development in technical instrumentation and analytical techniques in hematology.
• Assist with inventory and supply management of laboratory.
• Participate in research, development and implementation of laboratory procedures as requested.