Job Title: LIMS Analyst/Hybrid Chemist
Duration: 10 Months
Location: Deerfield, IL 60015
This role is a hybrid Chemist / Business Systems Analyst
Client is implementing a new LIMS (Lab Information Management System) application globally replacing multiple existing electronic and paper processes with one harmonized global application. Candidates for this role will have worked as a Microbiologic in a manufacturing plant lab. Experiences will include Environmental Testing. Candidate is tech savy and looking to apply their Micro background to assist multiple plant labs rollout a new LIMS system.
The scope of this role is to work closely with the plant lab SMEs to implement an automated laboratory testing platform for primary Environmental Testing, however will also assist with Raw Materials and Finished Good system rollouts, based on a defined standard work process. The role will build an excellent understanding of a Laboratory Information Management (LIMS) system and plant laboratory processes.
• Demonstrated experience in Micro testing lab executing test specifications with lab instrumentation.
• Demonstrated lab experience of identifying continuous improvement opportunities.
• Accountable for acquiring and then demonstrating solid laboratory business and LIMS knowledge. Possess knowledge of the System Development Lifecycle and implementation processes.
• Demonstrate Business Analysis techniques to propose solutions for varied issues.
• Ability to learn the concepts of lean principle standard work and apply continuous improvement to create one method of working and templates used across sites.
• Strong communication skills (verbal/written/listening).
• Solid business knowledge, with a preference for Quality and/or manufacturing systems experiences.
• Operates with a sense of urgency and strong follow-up skills. Must be detailed oriented and work will within a team setting, and independently.
Accountable for strong knowledge of the standard deployment processes and demonstrate LIMS application efficiency. This person will be a LIMS functionality SME contact for multiple site plant lab personnel. They will own individual site issues and action items on behalf of the global project team create communication messages for both written and oral for varied site situations. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage currently activities are required.
Responsible for building repeatable standard work rollout templates / job aides which are clear, concise, and easy to understand by multiple audiences, especially chemistry and micro lab personnel.
As this is a global project, therefore some project meetings will occur during non-standard business hours.