Director of Laboratory, Joshua Tree, CA, $10,000 Sign-On Bonus -
Responsible for all aspects of quality patient care in the Laboratory supervisory role.
1. Selects, trains/orients and assigns department staff. Contributes to the development of the District standards of performance, evaluates performance, and initiates or makes recommendations for personnel actions.
2. Develop department goals and objectives, and establishes and implements policies and procedures for department operation.
3. Develops and recommends department operating budget in accordance with department goals and objectives and ensures that department budget is used as a guideline for operations.
4. Directs the preparation and maintenance of department reports. Prepares periodic reports as required.
5. Maintains cap workload units established in budget through appropriate staffing patterns according to census on a daily basis.
6. Maintains communication, posting interdepartmental memos within 24 hours of receipt, distributing pertinent messages and checking for staff responses.
7. Completes orientation checklist with each new employee within 48 hours of hire. Maintains employee profile of each employee, assuring bi-annual renewal of certification and update of task inventory on an ongoing basis
8. Maintains coaching for performance program with all employees submitting performance summary reports annually 2 weeks prior to the employee’s review date.
9. Maintains positive demeanor in keeping with patient care philosophy.
10. Provides 24-hours a day availability or coverage for departmental supervision.
11. Acts as a role model to the Laboratory Staff.
12. Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
13. Demonstrates competence in the care of neonatal, infant, adolescent, adult, geriatric and pediatric patients (when/if assigned to these patients) relative to determining each patient’s age-related and other physical, psychological and cultural needs and carrying out patient care activities.
14. Participates in hospital/medical staff committee meetings as required.
15. Ensures that department(s) operates within or above guidelines established by regulatory/review agencies.
16. Quality Management
Policy and procedure changes are defined and communicated in a clear manner.
5 years experience, previous supervisory experience