H&R Block Corporate
Senior Data Scientist
|Post Date:||Jan 02, 2018||Type:||Full-Time|
|Start Date:||1/2/2018||Salary:|| |
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Operations Research,
or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and
- A minimum of two years model development, statistical methodologies, or
quantitative analysis experience in the financial services industry.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of statistics.
- Knowledge of statistical modeling principles, concepts and techniques.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of database
- Proficiency with in SAS with an emphasis on statistical analysis,
programming, data manipulation and data quality management skills.
- Strong statistical and quantitative analysis skills.
- Demonstrated critical conceptual and intellectual skills.
- Ability to use a systematic approach in solving problems through analysis
and evaluation of alternative solutions.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning capabilities.
- Effective organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the Company.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated experience and success in communicating quantitative concepts
to a business audience.
- Experience performing business analysis to include use of SAS, SAS STAT and
- Experience in the application of database marketing principles and practices
in the consumer market.
- Technical skills --
- Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer system.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to navigate on the Internet.
Conducts analysis with a
focus on experimental design, assessment, execution, measurement of current
programs, evaluation of proposed programs, behavioral analysis, data mining,
customer segmentation, predictive modeling, site selection, performance
management, and other relevant statistical analyses.
Serves as an internal
consultant in identifying opportunities to improve decision making through the
application of analytical concepts and techniques.
- Consults with internal clients to understand proposed programs. Conducts
appropriate analyses to estimate program impacts.
- Consults with internal clients to understand how each program will be
executed with the customer. Identifies issues that may affect program
measurement. Provides appropriate lead lists to support program
- Develops detailed measurement and analysis plans, including experimental
design, data needed, task lists, and timing for each Marketing and/or Operations
program. Collaborates with Financial Analysis to ensure program business case
metrics and assumptions are in line with measurement plans.
- Executes measurement and analysis plans, providing accurate and
comprehensive analyses of consumer response to programs, as well as revenue and
profitability impacts, key findings and recommendations.
- Identifies needs for future analysis and modeling support. Anticipates data
requirements and ensures required data is available to support current and
- Conducts data mining to provide customer profiling, behavioral analysis,
performance management analysis, targeting and segmentation as needed in support
of business initiatives.
- Conducts business analyses that support management decision-making relative
to client marketing and retail operations.
- Applies appropriate techniques to develop models that support marketing and
operations efforts as well as business decisions.
- Utilizes model results to recommend appropriate targets for marketing
campaigns and operations programs. Implements scoring algorithms. Tracks model
- Designs and creates usable data models. Recommends new strategies for
promotions and pricing.
- Other duties as assigned.
H&R Block Corporate
Please help us spread the word
about BiologyJobs.com by telling
any organization you know that hires employees with a background in biology that they can advertise their open positions online at BiologyJobs.com for only $1 per day with unlimited job postings and resume database access plus their organization's profile and logo featured online. You can't beat the affordable advertising rates of Biology Jobs .com combined with the highly tartgeted traffic that your job postings will recieve compared to other online job board services.
Whether you are working on your degree, or your have completed your B.A.
(bachelor of arts) B.S. ( bachelor of science ) M.S.( master of science ), M.A. ( master of arts ),or
Ph.D ( doctorate of philosophy ) degree , and you are looking for a postdoctoral ( postdoc ) job, Biology Jobs .com has job openings posted online at various times for all levels of Biology Jobs from volunteer positions to postdoctoral research jobs to tenured professors, positions with top biotechnology companies and everything in between.