- High School Diploma required.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification, CPhT required
- Registered or able to be registered as a pharmacy technician in the state of Tennessee
- One-year experience in healthcare or pharmacy with a certification as a pharmacy technician.
- Understands the importance of, and demonstrates a customer service philosophy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
The Certified Pharmacy Technician is a Temporary Position
Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30am – 4:00pm
Pay: $16-$18/hour (DOE)
Certified Pharmacy Technician
Healthcare company in Franklin is seeking a Certified Pharmacy Technician to enter patient data. The Certified Pharmacy Technician assists pharmacists by working directly with physicians, physician offices, dialysis facilities, and other pharmacies to ensure that patients’ medication profiles are accurately completed and that patients receive the necessary medication refills in a timely manner.
Certified Pharmacy Technician Responsibilities:
- Works primarily with patient medication prescriptions and with medication prescribers.
- Collaborates with Customer Service Coordinator for all communication with patients regarding prescription issues or other identified anomalies pertaining to prescriptions
- Enters, scans, and links prescription and patient data into system
- Ensures the required level of customer service for patients.
- Transcribes verbal prescriptions phoned in by physicians and/or left on voicemail.
- Takes appropriate actions necessary to ensure accurate fulfillment of prescriptions.
- Assists pharmacists in dispensing, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.