Aptim is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to assist with and oversee civil and structural engineering projects in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania office. The position will involve performing civil engineering projects in the initial planning and design phases, using creativity and objectivity to perform studies and technical activities to develop cost effective, reliable technical solution, and project completion through construction. The successful candidate may also support procurement and construction phases.
- Lead designer for civil and structural engineering projects.
- Candidate will work with junior engineering staff to develop designs for a variety of projects such as foundation engineering and design, storm water runoff controls, erosion and sedimentation controls, landfill design and construction, earth retaining structure design, and concrete design.
- Work activities include collection and interpretation of engineering data, development of specifications, and performance of detailed engineering analyses, performing calculations and modeling utilization software packages
- Perform detailed technical analysis of complex project issues.
- Monitor applicable regulatory requirements and stays abreast of regulatory trends.
- Arrive at sound and prudent decisions, course of action or a conclusion, especially when only limited facts are available. Solve problems quickly.
- May serve as project manager on technical projects (investigation, analysis and design) in specific areas of expertise. Ability to serve as technical manager on projects and small programs.
- Ensures conformance to applicable engineering codes and standards as well as company policies and procedures.
- Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities
- Mentors less experienced colleagues, reviews work product, and manages assignments.
- Acts as a key contributor in a complex and critical environment
- May lead teams or projects; shares expertise
- Applies in-depth skills and broad knowledge of the business to address complex problems and nonstandard situations
- Anticipates customer needs and identifies solutions
- Interprets internal/external business issues and recommends best practices in own discipline
- Manages costs for specific projects
- Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
- Manages own time to meet objectives; forecasts and plans resource requirements
- Explains difficult concepts and persuades others to adopt a point of view
- Experienced Civil Engineer with P.E. in Pennsylvania
- Experience mentoring other engineers
- Proven success interacting with clients
- 10 to 20 years of relevant experience
- Has developed depth and breadth of expertise in own discipline
APTIM (formerly CB&I Capital Services Group) with approximately 15,000 employees deployed across hundreds of offices and customer sites globally is a leading global provider of program management, energy efficiency programs, integrated maintenance services, environmental engineering and remediation, infrastructure EPC services, and disaster response and recovery for private sector and government customers.