Responsible for using and applying basic scientific understanding along with pre-determined criteria of quality assurance and food/feed safety technology and processes across the Hersey location in the following areas of focus:
-Testing in process and finished products,
-Auditing and reviewing process documentation,
-Data collection and analysis.
This position will work closely with senior team members to ensure compliance with government, customer and Cargill standards on food/feed safety and quality. This role will also work closely with plant operations and other FSQR personnel.
Conducts routine sampling, testing and auditing of products/ ingredients/ suppliers to ensure compliance to government, customer and Cargill standards on food/feed safety and quality (e.g., labelling, purity analysis, product gradation analysis, etc.). Verify and monitor control systems that assure compliance with Cargill and regulatory requirements (e.g. HACCP, SOP, GMP’s, GLP’s, Non-compliance response and follow-up).
Organizes and maintains accurate and pertinent data (e.g., spreadsheets, graphs, and reports) to assure that processes and products, and any changes, are controlled. Maintains systems/techniques for reporting data across functional areas. Identifies possible trends and provides input to more senior team members on next steps to address trends.
Assists more senior team members with the design and execution of routine laboratory trials, continuous improvement projects and troubleshooting activities which will provide knowledge and add value to Cargill and our Customers/ Suppliers products, processes and equipment.
With some oversight, manages inventory control and purchasing of laboratory/ testing supplies to assure all items required for testing and are available.
Briefly explain other specific requirements of the position. These may include environmental conditions, physical effort, shift requirements, travel requirements, etc. If not relevant, leave blank.
• Physical Activity: Light: Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally and/or 10 lbs of force frequently
• Competency in applied sciences (physics, chemistry) and applied mathematics (statistics, algebra)
• Ability to relate technical knowledge to solve testing and process problems
• Ability to prioritize and manage a large workload with multiple priorities
• Ability to translate and communicate analytical data to technical and non-technical people
• Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry or related scientific degree
• Experience with food manufacturing environments.
• SAP software
• GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) experience or exposure
• Statistical Process Control (SPC)
Drug Screen (5 panel + expanded opiates)
Respirator Certification Questionnaire
Sterling Background Check