Who You Are:
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Economics, Finance, or Statistics, with a minimum of 4 years of work experience
- Advanced degree is strongly desired but experience can be substituted for an advanced degree
- Strong financial and risk analytical skills and some experience in operations and risk modeling fields
- Comfortable analyzing large amounts of data in an efficient manner
- Strong knowledge of financial engineering
- Strong knowledge of machine learning techniques and predictive modeling
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!
Job ID: 301831
Contract Length: 6+ Months
Our client is dedicated to ensuring the integrity of the financial market and protecting investors. With over a dozen various “Best Places to Work" awards, our client has proven that a position with them is more than a just a job. They are currently looking for a Senior Data Scientist now to join their award winning team.
What You'll Do:
- Participate in regulatory impact assessment
- Design and validate quantitative observation models to find market manipulation and rule violation
- Contribute to trends in the observation program as the market develops
- Provide efficient quantitative support for market studies, examinations, and ongoing investigations
- Ensure all activities are completed in accordance with organizational policies and standards
- Provide status reports of all assigned projects
- Continuously strive to maintain and expand skill set