Requirements of position:
- High School Diploma REQUIRED - College coursework preferred
- 2+ years experience working within a Laboratory environment
- Experience testing of metals within a lab environment
All candidates selected for this position will be subjected to a background check and drug screen.
The Lab Technician role is responsible for the same and correct preparation of Aluminum sheet samples and the testing of those sample per the requirements of the testing plan associated to the material and the standard methods used within the laboratory.
The Lab Technician ensures the resulting values are correctly logged either via the automation systems or by manual entry depending on the test. Decisions on metal usage are based on the results from the Lab Technician's work, so consistency and stability are essential characteristics to this work.
- The Lab Technician is required to adhere to and promote all corporate safety practices
- The Lab Technician must be physically capable of handling large sheets of aluminum in a safe manner as part of the sample preparation process
- The Lab Technician must be capable of following the inspection plan and ensuring all necessary testing is completed for metal certification to occur upon release from the laboratory
- The Lab Technician must be capable of discerning passing vs. non-passing test results per the standards and reacting appropriately to the results
- The Lab Technician must be capable of operating various computer systems, following training, and must be comfortable with the Microsoft Windows operating environment
- The Lab Technician must be able to monitor the condition and performance of the testing equipment to ensure stable performance and reacting appropriately to instabilities is also a necessity of this role