Job Title: Certified Pharmacy Technician
Location: Philadelphia, PA 19113
Duration: 3 months (Contract to Hire)
• Under the general supervision of the Supervisor of Pharmacy Prior Authorization Technicians, the Pharmacy Services Technician I assists in the prior authorization process.
• Reviews and approves physician inquiries for pre-authorization and medical necessity requests based on established pharmacy guidelines and contract criteria.
• Supports Fraud and Abuse program system oversight by reviewing medication utilization records. Communicates any suspected fraud discovered. Recommends course of action for providers where patterns appear outside of guidelines and generally accepted pharmacy standards.
• Keeps abreast of industry trends and regulatory changes in the pharmacy industry and incorporates knowledge in the performance of job duties. Identifies problems in process/procedures or services and makes recommendations for improvements. Maintains a balance of productivity, quality and timeliness of job accountabilities. Participates in department self-audit procedures for on-going evaluation of service.
• Maintains and updates internal databases. Enters application information, prior authorizations and other relevant data. Ensures database information and appended files are current and accessible to staff. Generates reports and other information requested on a scheduled/as needed basis.
• Creates and supports an environment which fosters teamwork, cooperation, respect and diversity. Establishes and maintains positive communication and professional demeanor with AMFC employees and clients at all times.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Attends required training on an annual basis.
Education and Training:
• High School Graduate or GED equivalent required
• Minimum 2 years’ previous pharmacy experience
• Minimum 35 words per minute typing speed
Licenses, Registrations or Certifications:
• Current Pharmacy technician certification (PTCB or NCCT)
vTech Solution has an amazing opportunity in Philadelphia, PA! Are you a professional looking to work in a great environment for a growing company? Then look no further...
'vTech Solution' is the premier professional services company that delivers business and technology solutions through Consulting and Managed Staffing Services to the government, healthcare and the commercial sectors. With an unparalleled history of on-time performance, cost-control and quality deliverable, vTech has provided the best of the best for nearly 8 years for healthcare, corporate, federal, state and local government clients.
We are looking for an experienced Certified Pharmacy Technician position in Philadelphia, PA. Candidate will be responsible for reviewing and approving physician inquiries for pre-authorization and medical necessity requests based on established pharmacy guidelines and contract criteria. Maintaining and updating internal databases. Entering application information, prior authorizations and other relevant data. Ensuring database information and appended files are current and accessible to staff. Generating reports and other information requested on a scheduled/as needed basis.