Orion Marine Group
|Post Date:||Feb 09, 2018||Type:||Full-Time|
|Start Date:||2/9/2018||Salary:|| |
- A minimum of 8 years safety management experience in a construction or manufacturing environment is required.
- B.S. Degree in Occupational or Industrial Safety or related discipline strongly preferred.
- The successful candidate must have a working knowledge of Process Safety Management, local, state and federal Safety Regulations, Accident & Incident Prevention, Emergency Response, Risk Managemnt, and standard safety Policies & Procedures.
- Prior experince in the Marine Construction industry is also preferred.
- This individual must also possess training skills and be able to effectively interface with employees at all levels.
- Must have the ability to identify critical issues and formulate action plans with all levels of management, including corporate, the ability to develop and foster a positive work environment at all levels, and the ability to resolve conflicts using problem resolution skills.
- Ingenuity, resourcefulness and creativity are necessary to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and Company standards, to develop safe work practice procedures, and achieve established goals and objectives.
The Company expects and requires incumbent and each of its other employees to observe and fulfill the above and all other safety responsibilities and actively work toward maintaining a safe workplace. Failure to do so can result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable workplace accommodation.
- The individual must also be able to wear and properly utilize appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to work or visit within areas where it is required. This includes hard hat, safety glasses, respirators, ear plugs, steel toed shoes, or other protective equipment as required by the work performed and location the work is being done.
- This individual must also have the ability to identify critical issues and formulate action plans with all levels of management, including corporate.
- The incumbent must possess the ability to remain calm during emergencies and respond appropriately as dictated by the circumstance of the incident and as directed by the Safety Representative or other management personnel.
- Must be capable of evacuating the work area in a timely manner should an emergency situation arise.
In addition, the Health, Safety & Environmental Manager must also be capable of:
- Walking, stepping, climbing or otherwise moving from one location on the job site to another, and normally involves physically getting onto and off of work barges, boats, vessels, or dock facilities of varying heights and access parameters
- Standing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, or sitting for long periods of time
- Accessing confined spaces or climbing to elevated areas
- Adapting to extreme temperature, outdoor conditions, and prolonged exposure
- Be qualified and physically able to drive regular passenger vehicles to visit work locations and job sites.
Compensation & Benefits:
An excellent compensation and benefits package is offered. Benefit plans include:
- Medical, including Prescription Drugs
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off For Vacation, Sick, Holidays, Jury Duty and Bereavement Leave
- Pre-Tax Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Career Growth & Development
Qualified applicants should apply through the company career page: www.orionmarinegroup.com/careers, or via e-mail.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), age, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Orion Marine Groupis a leading heavy civil marine contractor headquartered in Houston, Texas. We offer a wide range of services and turnkey solutions in marine construction, design, and specialty services on, over, and under the water throughout the continental United States, Alaska, Canada, and the Caribbean Basin.
The Company’s heavy civil marine construction services include marine transportation facility construction, dredging, repair and maintenance, bridge building, marine pipeline construction, as well as specialty services. The Company’s specialty services include salvage, demolition, diving, surveying, towing and underwater inspection, excavation and repair.
For additional information, go to: http://www.orionmarinegroup.com.
Orion Marine Group has an immediate opening for a HS&E Manager, in Port Lavaca, TX. This position is accountable for developing and maintaining programs and policies in the areas of Employee Safety, Accident & Incident Prevention, Safe Work Practices, Safety Orientation & Training, Field Safety Audits, Emergency Response, Risk Management, Workers Compensation, Industrial Hygiene, Fire Protection, Process Safety Management, and Safety Policies & Procedures at the Company. The incumbent is responsible for providing safety management oversight for heavy civil marine construction operations in all geographic areas in which Orion Marine Construction Gulf Coast - Texas has operations.
- Works with management to establish and achieve annual goals and objectives for the Company’s Safety and Health programs.
- Leads in the preparation, implementation and monitoring of the Safety Management Program for the Company.
- Initiates corporate safety programs that address Safe Work Practices, Accident & Incident Prevention, Emergency Response, New Employee Safety Orientations, Safety Refresher Training, and Risk Management initiatives.
- Keeps the management informed on safety and health issues and progress toward accomplishing safety goals and objectives.
- Develops and maintains a proactive internal safety audit program at all field locations to monitor employee work practices and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and Company safety standards.
- Promotes corporate safety initiatives through leadership and participation in such activities as the Contractor Safety Council, State Chemical Council, and other local, state and federal safety organizations.
- Interfaces directly with the Workers' Compensation Insurance Carrier and participates in the resolution of issues pertaining to Workers Compensation claims.
- Ensures that a new employee safety orientation program is established and maintained at all locations. In addition, ensures that safety refresher training is provided all employees who require it on a regular basis.
- Trains and instructs Foremen, Superintendents, Project Engineers and Project Managers to ensure compliance by field employees with safety policies and procedures.
- Implements safety incentive programs to recognize the successful efforts of employees to improve safety performance.
- Stays knowledgeable about all federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to safety and health issues and ensures compliance in each of these areas.
- Prepares an annual budget and utilizes cost control measures to stay within budget.
- Participates in other Safety and Environmental initiatives that will contribute to compliance of State/Federal regulations and improve existing Company programs.
- Performs other related duties as my be assigned or requested by immediate supervision.
- Manages a staff of Safety Professionals to accomplish the above duties.
- Attends weekly Project Manager Meetings to discuss job safety progress and any problems that are currently being encountered.
- All employees, current and former, must maintain confidentiality by not disclosing to others any confidential, proprietary or trade secret information belonging to the Company.
- Responsible and accountable for incumbent’s own personal safety.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of all our co-workers and any others incumbent comes in contact with.
- Authorized and obligated to stop work on any task or series of tasks whenever an unsafe condition or situation is anticipated or is observed.
- Complies with all applicable laws, regulations and Company policies and procedures, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
- Reports any and all violations of applicable laws, regulations or Company policies and procedures promptly, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
- Performs other related administrative and technical duties as may be assigned or requested by immediate supervision (such as certification training, safety training, procedure review, etc.).
Orion Marine Group
Please help us spread the word
about BiologyJobs.com by telling
any organization you know that hires employees with a background in biology that they can advertise their open positions online at BiologyJobs.com for only $1 per day with unlimited job postings and resume database access plus their organization's profile and logo featured online. You can't beat the affordable advertising rates of Biology Jobs .com combined with the highly tartgeted traffic that your job postings will recieve compared to other online job board services.
Whether you are working on your degree, or your have completed your B.A.
(bachelor of arts) B.S. ( bachelor of science ) M.S.( master of science ), M.A. ( master of arts ),or
Ph.D ( doctorate of philosophy ) degree , and you are looking for a postdoctoral ( postdoc ) job, Biology Jobs .com has job openings posted online at various times for all levels of Biology Jobs from volunteer positions to postdoctoral research jobs to tenured professors, positions with top biotechnology companies and everything in between.