Experience / Education
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Experience working with and managing teams
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills
- Need to be able to read, write and understand English
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required
- Thorough understanding of Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Knowledge and technical expertise in the testing of medical devices and pharmaceutical products for bioburden
- Must be able to work in lab setting with exposure to biohazards / chemicals
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
- Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels
- Ability to stand / sit / walk for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 10 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and reach
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This position is responsible for organizing, planning and managing the personnel, systems and resources necessary to support the Bioburden Department.
- Demonstrate leadership role in the overall daily function of the department
- Manage the scheduling & resource allocation in the department
- Work with senior management & QA to write, implement, & maintain standard operating procedures, laboratory documentation & technical guidelines
- Provide technical consultation & support to clients conducting studies and routine testing
- Conduct employee performance appraisals in a timely and objective manner.
- Recommends hire/transfer/promotion/discharge and salary changes and acts on employee problems.
- Mentor and help develop the careers of others
- Works on routine assignments per written procedures, where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Normally receives minimal instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Perform job specific tasks in compliance with applicable Regulations, International Standards, and WuXi AppTec Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals
- Maybe required to work holidays and weekends
- May be required to assist in other departments
- Coordinate and oversee departmental projects
- Other duties as assigned