Manager Cardiac Cath Lab
|Post Date:||Jan 02, 2018||Type:||Full-Time|
|Start Date:||1/2/2018||Salary:||$89,440.00 |
Qualifications and Skills
- Current registry by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and
- Current certification as a Radiologic Technologist by the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts OR
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the Kansas State Board of Nursing
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) verification course within allotted time frame, as specified in policy
- Successful completion of the Wesley Dysrhythmia Exam within allotted time frame, as specified in policy
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology or
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Five years of technical experience in a Cardiovascular Department
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 1 year as a manager
- Medical Center’s physicians treat more than 24,000 patients annually, making us the most preferred hospital in Kansas and Northern Oklahoma.
- Our obstetricians and childbirth staff deliver more than 6,000 babies each year, more than any hospital in a 13-state region.
- Medical Center is a Level 1 trauma center and the only Level 2 pediatric trauma center in Kansas.
- Medical Center offers robust, comprehensive healthcare services including emergency room, cardiovascular orthopedic, and oncology specialists.
- The hospital recently completed a renovation of its women’s hospital and is in the process of building Wesley Children’s Hospital, the first and only children’s hospital in Wichita.
- Our emergency services include a level 1 trauma center and the only level 2 pediatric trauma center in Kansas.
- When you are experiencing a medical emergency, you can trust our ER and trauma team to deliver outstanding care.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The Manager Cardiovascular plans, organizes, and coordinates the daily operations of the Cardiovascular departments.
- Assists with workflow as necessary.
- In collaboration with other Cardiovascular/Imaging managers, performs the duties of the director in his/her absence.
- Provides a variety of administrative related functions.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of staff-level positions
- Interviews and hires new personnel, coordinates orientation and training of new staff, and takes special cause action when necessary
- Develops and reviews staff position descriptions, orientation, and annual competencies
- Facilitates the operations of diagnostic and therapeutic equipment to ensure safe care for patients of all ages, from newborn through geriatric, recognizes equipment malfunctions and initiates maintenance and repair to ensure a safe environment for patients and staff
- Provides leadership to staff, and serves as a liaison to employees, physicians, and the Department Director
- Implements policies and procedures as outlined by Wesley Medical Center and the Imaging Department
- Analyzes monthly operations budget to maintain operations within established budget
- Monitors productivity daily and weekly, utilizing the appropriate software
- Evaluates equipment for purchase consideration
- Works closely with the Director and the medical Director in the development, implementation, and evaluation of: quality assessment activities, staffing, equipment, facility needs, continuing staff education, department and hospital policies and procedures, and capital and operating budgets
- Assures compliance of all state and federal guidelines established to meet standards of all regulatory agencies
- Utilizes computer systems relating to all functions of the position, including, but not limited to, supply ordering, budget needs, and communication with other areas of the facility
- Documents employee schedule, timekeeping records, staffing requirements, and department statistics
- Assists with active directory processes of the PACS System
- Provides training for new PACS users and refresher training for PACS users as needed
- Serves as a liaison to all departments of the medical center and with entities outside of the medical center
- Assesses, processes, and generates ideas for performance improvement
- Supports interdisciplinary approach to process improvement while maintaining individual accountability
Name: Gaurav Soni
Please help us spread the word
about BiologyJobs.com by telling
any organization you know that hires employees with a background in biology that they can advertise their open positions online at BiologyJobs.com for only $1 per day with unlimited job postings and resume database access plus their organization's profile and logo featured online. You can't beat the affordable advertising rates of Biology Jobs .com combined with the highly tartgeted traffic that your job postings will recieve compared to other online job board services.
Whether you are working on your degree, or your have completed your B.A.
(bachelor of arts) B.S. ( bachelor of science ) M.S.( master of science ), M.A. ( master of arts ),or
Ph.D ( doctorate of philosophy ) degree , and you are looking for a postdoctoral ( postdoc ) job, Biology Jobs .com has job openings posted online at various times for all levels of Biology Jobs from volunteer positions to postdoctoral research jobs to tenured professors, positions with top biotechnology companies and everything in between.