Our client, an industry leading Heavy Civil and Heavy Highway contractor, is currently hiring a Project Manager to oversee projects in the Chicago, IL area. The Project Manager will work and manage all aspects of the project from cradle to grave, manage multiple subcontractors, utilize technology to track costs, quantities, and scheduling, and overview other aspects of the project. The Project Manager will coordinate with Engineers, and coordinate subcontractors as needed.
· Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, estimation, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
· Responsible for the management of staff members and field supervisors as assigned.
· Responsible for cost estimates of project components.
· Write and/or edit site specific scopes of work.
· Responsible for managing the bidding process.
· Responsible for the development of preliminary budgets.
· Negotiate and prepare construction contracts.
· Provides Monthly Project Management reports to management.
· Completes quality reviews of project design criteria, drawings, and specifications.
· Ensures compliance with all design and material specifications.
· Co-responsible with Superintendent for schedule performance.
· Researches multidiscipline construction material specifications.
· Provides accurate descriptions of specified materials.
· Recommends suitable materials to meet designated criteria.
· Performs planning and estimating as required to support construction estimates and schedules.