B.A in construction management, engineering, etc. required
5+ years in the construction industry.
Basic understanding of accounting principles and math skills.
Working knowledge and comprehension of blueprints and plans.
Contract administration (specific to the construction industry).
Working knowledge of software programs, MS Office, MS Project, excel, workbook
Develop cost estimates and provide preconstruction services to aid clients in defining project
scope and costs, and help lead the team to accomplish our goals for customer service,
quality and financial metrics. Build and maintain client and subcontractor relationships.
Manage departmental staff including monitoring work load and performance of individual
estimators, mentoring and training estimators to increase effectiveness and efficiency within
the department. Ensure clear communication and effective collaboration between
departments. Contribute to company’s culture, mission and values through thought leadership
Representative Tasks and Responsibilities
- As assigned, assume the lead role in the preconstruction process from conceptual budget
through procurement of final subcontractor and vendor agreements to ensure quality and
timely delivery of estimates. Monitor estimator’s progress during the preconstruction
- Oversee and/or prepare accurate preliminary construction budgets to include
subcontractor scope letters, subcontractor bids analysis and final proposal presentation to
- Provide clients with package of pricing, scope letters, and lead times; communicate quotes
and budget status of the project with subcontractors, our company and client.
- Generate preliminary owner contract for review and approval by Project Executive.
- Post project to accounting/project management database to provide project team with
current project information.
- Confirm actual conditions of project by conducting site surveys.
- Manage and ensure quality communication and collaboration between Preconstruction and
- Monitor and support estimators in performance improvement through training,
development and coaching based on their individual development plans.
- Support individual estimators in planning and strategy to achieve overall company profit
objectives and to maintain competitiveness in the market.
- Recommend departmental process improvements to increase effectiveness, efficiency and
- Serve as a client relationship manager for specified clients as required.
- Maintain positive subcontractor relationships and identify new qualified subcontractor
alliances for equitable work distribution.
- Contribute to company’s culture, mission and values through thought leadership and
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned.