is currently seeking a
Laboratory Manager. This Staff positions is located in our
SDES-Student Health Services
Position #: 40331
A high school diploma and six years of appropriate experience.
Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may
substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience. If
minimum requirements of the position do not require post high school
education, an applicant is not required to provide the information on
Certified Phlebotomist in the state of Florida
5+ years of supervisory experience
5+ years of laboratory experience
This position does not require college credits. If the selected
applicant claims college credit on the application for this position, an
official transcript from the accredited institution must be provided
within 30 days of the hire date. This applies whether the applicant is a
new hire or promoted from among current UCF employees.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.
Applicants MUST apply through www.jobswithucf.com. No paper applications, resumes, cover letters
or emails will be accepted or considered for this Staff position. Cover letters, resumes, and other documents
can be attached through the www.jobswithucf.com
assistance with the University of Central Florida’s Affirmative Action Plan
implementation is appreciated. The
University collects VOLUNTARY declarations of race and gender and uses the
information to compile statistics on recruitment success. If you choose to assist, your demographic
information will be used only for affirmative action.
University of Central Florida is an equal opportunity, equal access, and
affirmative action employer.
Maintains laboratory staff objectives by mentoring, counseling and
disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job
performance. Completes operational requirements by scheduling and
assigning employees; following up on work results.
• Maintains medical laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock
to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing
orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Maintains medical laboratory equipment performance by establishing
quality standards; developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting
procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument
performance; arranging equipment replacement, service and repair.
• Maintains quality results by performing competency tests; reviewing
quality control and quality assurance programs; making adjustments in
policy and procedures; generating reports; maintaining records.
• Resolves problems by consulting with physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals; attend committee meetings.
• Complies with state and professional continuing education license
requirements by providing in-service programs; monitoring outcomes.
• Implements new programs, tests, methods, instrumentation, and
procedures, by investigating alternatives; preparing proposals;
developing and performing parallel testing; monitoring process.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing
personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Provides administrative support for the Student Health Center lab by acting as the supervisor on call.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Perform duties as directed by Associate Director Medical/Health Administration or designee.