Flavor Research Chemist
Experience in the Food and Flavor industry or performing research
using Organic Synthetic Chemistry required.
Symrise, “where Science and Sensation meet," is the world's 3rd largest manufacturer of flavors, fragrances and cosmetic & aroma ingredients offering more than 30,000 products in over 160 countries. Now, we are seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented Chemist with prior experience in the Food and Flavor industry or performing research using Organic Synthetic Chemistry to generate complex flavors.
- Perform natural synthesis of target Flavor molecules and New and Novel Natural Flavor Compounds using Organic Chemistry and Natural Flavor Raw Materials
- Perform extractions of liquid flavors or botanical matter using liquid solvents, both fractional and short path distillations and enzymatic fermentations in order to generate complex Natural Flavors which can be applied to Alcoholic and non-Alcoholic Beverage formulations
- Perform both Fractional and Short Path Distillations in order to Isolate Naturally Occurring Flavor Compounds
- Assist in duties which support the in-house Production Department via the generation of Natural Flavor Products
- Meet proposed project deadlines as dictated by both in-house and external customers
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory environment and keep stock of raw materials, laboratory supplies and solvents
- Legibly record and document all Production and Experiment details
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, 3+ years of related work experience and strong organizational, client service, math and computer skills including SAP proficiency. Knowledge of Organic Synthesis with familiarity of Named Reactions; experience with Flavor and Fragrance chemicals; a general understanding of Chemicals and any potential adverse interactions and the ability to utilize large & small laboratory equipment, perform Fractional and Rush over distillations while under a Vacuum atmosphere and interface professionally with staff and customers are a must.
At Symrise, we offer our employees excellent working conditions, creative freedom, training programs and an attractive compensation package. To learn more about Symrise, please visit www.symrise.com.
To be considered, please submit your resume by clicking ‘Apply’ above.
always inspiring more…
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: research chemist, flavorist, food chemist, flavor chemist, R&D, research & development, flavor research