KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Able to work independently.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Attention to detail in written instructions and documentation.
- Basic computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook.
MANAGER'S MUST HAVES:
- Ability to multitask and transition between different tasks (ex. reagent replenishment to assisting with instrument maintenance).
- Experience with inventory management preferred.
- Works independently but is part of a team delivering key services to product development teams.
- Position may require lifting up to 44 lb.
- Experience with the basic suite of office tools (ex. Google calendars, Excel).
- Previous experience in a lab setting preferred.
- Mobility – this position will require movement between several labs in one building on campus each day.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED required. Some college experience preferred.
- Previous laboratory experience is preferred.
- Experience with auto-stainers or other automated laboratory instrumentation is preferred.
Our client in Tucson, AZ has a one-year contract opening for a Laboratory Assistant.
- Maintain laboratory instruments and equipment on a daily, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Prepare reagents and monitors instruments for bulk reagent levels.
- Order and stock office and laboratory supplies and equipment.
- The Laboratory Assistant will work with chemicals, primarily advanced staining bulk reagents in 2075/ 2079 (non-hazardous).
- May be required to change xylene/ alcohols in coverslipping instruments, but training and PPE will be provided.
- Perform daily, monthly and quarterly instrument and equipment maintenance and cleaning tasks.
- Monitor and maintain logs for all equipment and instruments.
- Monitor and prepare bulk reagents daily.
- Order office and laboratory materials.
- Execute and monitor purchase orders as requested.
- Support and maintain slide scanners.
- May provide administrative or logistical support on scientific projects.
- May perform other duties as required or assigned.