Technical Service Associate
Since 1974, TRI-K Industries, Inc. has been a leading manufacturer of specialty ingredients, bringing innovative concepts and products to life for the cosmetics industry. TRI-K strives to keep ahead of the curve with a specialization in cosmetic proteins, natural actives, and multi-functional peptides. TRI-K is a member of the Galaxy Group, with sales offices, manufacturing facilities and partners around the world. At TRI-K, we combine an awareness of consumer trends with innovative technologies to maintain our superior offering in the industry. Our in-house development team is constantly pioneering the discovery of new materials, resulting in enhanced consumer benefits to provide you with a consistent competitive advantage.
Summary: Answers customer technical inquiries and assists in resolving quality complaints. Provides written/verbal communication and documentation in response to customer and account manager technical information inquiries
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
● Responds to customer inquiries and solicits information as needed
● Assists the sales and marketing with technical questions and requests
● Assists in creation, dissemination, and maintenance of TRI-K product technical documents
● Maintains a product information database to facilitate inquiry responses
● Assists in various aspects of the quality complaint/resolution process including customer, departmental, supplier, and third-party Lab interaction
● Evaluates documentation for competitive products, new and alternate vendors of existing TRI-K products
● Completes customer forms and questionnaires and coding packets
● Logs and tracks progress of customer information requests
● Updates customer inquiries into SalesLogix database
● Assists Marketing with information and trade show materials requests
● Performs other miscellaneous laboratory and clerical tasks to fulfill the responsibilities of the technical service function.
● Monitors the e-Synergy certificate of analysis inbox if needed
Other requirements: Approximately 10% travel may be required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Interpersonal - Maintains confidentiality. Oral Communication - Demonstrates group presentation skills. Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively. Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands. Attendance / Punctuality - Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent. Dependability - Responds to management direction; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. Initiative - Undertakes self-development activities. Innovation - Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention. Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure. Safety and Security - Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor degree in science; Minimum 1-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.